PRATITI – Workshop on Gender Awareness
Paras India worked in gender awareness workshop which was in partnership with an organization - ‘people for parity’. Under this workshop, girls from different background were selected and trained in various dimensions of gender issues so as to make them active change agents who would create gender awareness and help in countering disabilities and discrimination based on
The salient features of the workshop were –
1. Inculcating gender awareness
2. Analysing gender stereotypes and their impact on society.
3. Training the participants to challenge and counter gender stereotypes in their respective communities.
4. Developing dialogue techniques among participants so that they can engage those members of community who reinforce ill effects of gender stereotypes.
5. Empowering them with a knowledge base in context of gender equality
In a 4 months workshop, participants from various communities were made aware of various societal norms related to gender. They were also trained to challenge those norms which further gender discrimination.After first month, participants were asked to conduct interactive discussions and meetings in their respective communities. All the participants were supposed to give feedback and prepare reports of their meetings, which was to be discussed in second month’s workshop. After four month of efforts, impact of meetings and sessions were to be analysed for further plan of action.